Empathy MapCollect information about how the emotional and mental world of your user looks like.
The Empathy Map can be filled with all the information you collect during your user research. There are four quadrants on the map about what the user says, or might say; and what the user does, thinks and feels.
- Have your research about the target group ready to be able to fill-out the map.
- Plan a meeting and Brainstorm together about what goal the users are trying to achieve, what they might think, hear and feel and what they are influenced by.
- Gather the results in individual work by using the Empathy Map. The four quadrants provide the necessary structure.
- Summarize the findings and turn all Empathy Maps into one. Were feelings or issues mentioned more than once? No worries, then it seems to be a particularly relevant point. This is also an important finding.
- Share the results with the entire team and discuss your findings as the basis for new features or improvements.