Wow-How-Now MatrixEvaluate originality and feasibility of ideas.
With the help of the Wow-How-Now matrix, ideas can be evaluated at an early stage. Rank the ideas on the chart in the areas of innovation and feasibility/implementation to decide which ideas deserve to move to the next stage of the process and which ideas have no future.
- Every good workshop starts with planning. To quickly evaluate ideas, you will need the Wow-How-Now worksheet or a flipchart/whiteboard, or software that digitally provides the worksheet. Then schedule a meeting.
- Have all the ideas ready and arrange them one by one on the matrix. How innovative is the idea? How easy is it to implement? Discuss!
- WOW: Ideas that are particularly innovative and at the same time easy to implement. They mean low risk and high chances of success.?
- HOW: This is also a particularly innovative idea. But at the same time, it is also classified as rather difficult to implement. It can mean high costs and a lot of work and is therefore comparatively risky.
- NOW: All ideas and concepts that fall under the “Now” section are not particularly innovative, but a good start to quickly implement the first version of an idea. They represent a minimal viable product.
- CIAO: These ideas and concepts can be banished immediately, as they are neither innovative nor easy to implement. The chances of success are low, the cost and time factor high.
- Say goodbye to ideas that are neither innovative nor easy to implement. This creates more time to focus on ideas that offer more potential.