Mind MappingThis method is great for warm-up sessions during ideation phases.
Either performed individually or within small groups, Mind Mapping is a great brainstorming exercise for generating ideas, taking notes or for warming up and getting the creative spirits going.
- Hand out pens and large papers and announce the topic of the exercise.
- Every participant does quiet brainstorming about this topic.
- Write down or draw everything that comes to your mind when thinking about this topic. There is no right or wrong, this is only about quantity.
- Connect items that feel linked to each other.
- Present your outcome and discuss it within the group. Take the most important bits, or the parts that most participants agreed on and put them on a large board to continue working with it.